Dominia: the Open Multiverse Project
The vampires of Zendikar are not undead but instead suffer from an eldritch disease that turns their skin pale purple or grey. It is cold and dead to the touch. The disease allows them to drain the magical life force from blood which gives them power. They are tall and slender with long necks and broad shoulders with bony horns that protrude from them. They have slightly elongated canines but not long enough to stick out over closed lips. Vampires like to dress in leather and chitin taken from the giant insects that live in Guul Draz. They are known to decorate their skin (particularly their faces) with red paint made from minerals and blood.
- Ability Score Increase: Intelligence +1 and Charisma +2
- Age: Vampires follow no normal aging cycle. Every vampire is either a bloodchief directly infected by Ulamog or was spawned by a bloodchief from a living human.
- Alignment: Black mana.
- Languages: Common and Vampire (Zendikari).
- Size: Human sized, medium.
- Speed: Base 30 feet.
- Vision: Darkvision.
- Blood Thirst: You can drain blood and life energy from a willing creature or one that is grappled by you, incapacitated, or restrained. Make a melee attack against the target. If you hit, you deal 1 piercing damage and 1d6 necrotic damage. The target’s hit point maximum is reduced equal to the necrotic damage taken and you gain hit points equal to that amount. The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if the reduction reduces the maximum to 0 hit points. A humanoid killed in this way becomes a null.
- Vampiric Resistance: Resistance to necrotic damage.
(Based on Plane Shift: Zendikar)